Fellow of the National Heart Association of Malaysia (FNHAM)
CALL FOR APPLICATION: FNHAM 2024
Closing date for application (Batch FNHAM 2024): 31 January 2024, there will be no extension to deadline
Please download the following documents - please check your eligibility before submitting your application:
FNHAM Application Form - click here to download
FNHAM Application Checklist - click here to download
FNHAM Summary Profile - click here to download
Additional requirement: All FNHAM must upgrade their membership to Life Member (effective 2023) - if you're not yet a Life Member (LM) at time of application, you'll be prompt to apply for LM as soon as your FNHAM application is approved by the Credentialing Committee.
About the subsequent Convocation (2025): There will be NO FNHAM Convocation in 2025, due to AFCC 2025 held in conjunction with NHAM 2025 in Penang. If you're planning on applying for FAsCC (Fellow of Asean College of Cardiology) in 2025, you're encouraged to apply for FNHAM 2024 - nomination by society is only applicable to FNHAM.
Successful applicants MUST attend the FNHAM Convocation Ceremony on 3RD MAY 2024 @NHAM Congress 2024 Opening Ceremony in Kuala Lumpur Convention, in-person to be conferred the award.
Credentialing Committee (2021-2024)
NHAM Fellowship Credentialing Committee (2021-2024)
1. Prof Dato' Dr Wan Azman Wan Ahmad (Chairman) FNHAM
2. Dr Alan Fong Yean Yip(President of NHAM) FNHAM
3. Dr Lam Kai Huat (Vice-President of NHAM) FNHAM
4. Dr Tiang Soon Wee (Honorary Secretary of NHAM) FNHAM
5. Datuk Dr Rosli Mohd Ali FNHAM
6. Dato' Sri Dr Azhari Rosman FNHAM
7. Dr Ong Tiong Kiam FNHAM
The purpose of the NHAM Fellowship Credentialing Committee is to formulate recommendations for minimum standards in the practise of Cardiology for admission into the Fellowship of the National Heart Association of Malaysia (FNHAM).
- The objectives of the NHAM Fellowship Credentialing Committee is to recommend the highest standards of training and care in cardiology, by setting the criteria for recognition as Fellows of the NHAM.
- The NHAM Fellowship Credentialing Committee will work closely with the Council of the NHAM and will inform the Council of its proposals and recommendations.
- No NHAM Fellowship Credentialing Committee ruling or regulation should contradict the statutes of the medical act.
- The NHAM Fellowship Credentialing Committee will recommend the minimum requirements for the Fellowship in Cardiology (duration and contents of training programs etc.).
- The NHAM Fellowship Credentialing Committee will review new applications for admission into the Fellowship at 6 monthly intervals and recommend to the NHAM Council to grant such Fellowships at the annual meeting of the NHAM.
- The NHAM Fellowship Credentialing Committee may also recommend certain outstanding individuals for Honorary Fellowship of the NHAM.
- The NHAM Fellowship Credentialing Committee may recommend withdrawal of Fellowship after its award, should the committee feel it necessary.
View photos from the previous FNHAM Convocation in 2018 here.
Fellow of the National Heart Association of Malaysia (FNHAM) is a title honour that is awarded to healthcare professionals who have made a significant contribution to cardiology in Malaysia. There are more than 200 Fellows of the NHAM, many of whom are actively involved in NHAM activites, from congress and research to education and advocacy.
Election to Fellowship is determined by the NHAM Fellowship Credentialing Committee, and applications are welcomed on a rolling basis. The NHAM Fellowship Credentialing Committee will recommend the minimum requirements for the fellows in cardiology such as duration and content of training, review applications every six months and withdrawing the fellowship if it feels that it is warranted.
What it means to be an FNHAM - as a Fellow, you'll be able to use the professional designation, (your name) FNHAM, to signal to both patients and colleagues alike of your commitment to only the highest standards of cardiovascular care, and that you have been conferred to the highest credential by your peers.
FNHAM Convocation - takes place during our NHAM Congress meeting - provided we have the minimum number of successful applicants. Applicant(s) must be a NHAM member and remains in good standing with the association.
Article in the news - "Four women cardiologists among 74 made NHAM Fellows" first published on 17 April 2007.
Click here to read.
FELLOW OF THE NATIONAL HEART ASSOCIATION OF MALAYSIA (FNHAM) 2007 - 2018
*click on pic to enlarge
Verification of FNHAM status
For verification purpose - please email to email@example.com or contact +603 7931 7900.