Malaysian Paediatric Cardiac Society (MPCS)
Photo: MPCS 2015 Committee with overseas speakers at the NHAM ASM 2015
OFFICE BEARERS FOR TERM 2017-2019
Dr Mohd Nizam Mat Bah
Dr Zulkifli Ismail
Dr Geetha Kandavello, FNHAM
Dr Martin Wong Ngie Liong, FNHAM
Dr Norliza Ali
Dr Marhisham Che Mood
Dr Koh Ghee Tiong
Dr Leong Ming Chern
Dr Mohd Rizal Mohd Zain
Ms Siti Laura Mazalan
Contact Secretariat: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Malaysian Paediatric Cardiac Society (MPCS) was formed in November 2008 and subsequently formally endorsed as a "sister" society of the National Heart Association of Malaysia on 12th February 2009.
The vision of the society is to improve the quality of care for children with heart diseases in the country
The missions of the society:
- To improve communication and coordination of congenital heart services in the country
- To plan related issues in training and manpower
- Serve as a platform for collection of data, audit and research related to congenital and acquired heart diseases in children
- To organize continuous medical education (CME) programme and scientific meeting
Membership is open to all doctors and allied health personnel involved in the care of children with heart diseases and adults with congenital heart disease.
- Asian Pacific Paediatric Cardiac Society (APPCS)
- Malaysian Paediatric Association (MPA)
1. Scientific Meeting:
- Anual NHAM-MPCS scientific meeting
- Biennial Paediatric Cardiology, Cardiothoracic and Cardiac Anaesthesia Conference
- Echocardiography workshop – jointly organized with MPA and Department of Paediatrics of General Hospital.
2. Klang Valley Paediatric Cardiology CME
- A dialog session with the paediatrician was held regularly regarding management of paediatric cardiac patients with the aim to improve the quality of care of patients in Klang Valley.
3. ASEAN Paediatric Cardiology Forum
- This forum is linked to a scientific meeting ie APCCS to facilitate participation. The aims are to strengthen the relationship between colleagues of member countries, contribute in the efforts of improving quality of paediatric cardiac care in ASEAN countries.
- Congenital heart disease registry committee was initiated on 8th August 2009, to work on forming a clinical registry for heart disease in children.
5. Website/Yahoo group
- MPCS is linked to the NHAM website http://www.malaysianheart.org
- The MPCS Yahoo group was founded on the 10th Dec 2010 to serve as a platform for improving communication among its member.
Malaysia Paediatric Cardiac Society, c/o National Heart Association of Malaysia
First Floor, Medical Academies of Malaysia, 210 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 603-26178495 Fax: 603-26946478 Email : email@example.com