OFFICE BEARERS FOR TERM 2017-2019
Dr Sazzli Shahlan Kasim, FNHAM
Dr Abdul Rashid Abdul Rahman, FNHAM
Dr Alan Fong Yean Yip, FNHAM
Dr Choo Gim Hooi, FNHAM
Dr Chua Seng Keong, FNHAM
Dr Mohd Rahal Yusoff
Dr Tiang Soon Wee, FNHAM
Atherosclerosis is a chronic vascular disease which affects multiple organs including the heart, brain, kidneys and peripheral vessels. The Ministry of Health Malaysia has recognized this as a number one killer disease in our country. To tackle this real threat posed by atherosclerosis, many countries have established their respective national atherosclerosis societies. In fact, there are also regional associations (eg. Asian Pacific Society of Atherosclerosis and Vascular Disease, International Atherosclerosis Society).
The National Heart Association of Malaysia felt that it's about time we set-up a Malaysian society and have elected Dato' Dr Khoo Kah Lin as the Protem Chairman to establish this new subsociety. Atherosclerosis is a multi-disciplinary condition which not only involves cardiologists, but also the neurologists, endocrinologists, pathologists and family physicians. On 13 April 2013 the inaugural meeting of the Malaysian Society of Atherosclerosis was held at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur where the Protem Committee were elected to chart the future of this subsociety.
MSA Activities (2015-2017):
- NHAM ASM 2016: NHAM-MSA "Look but don't touch", 9 April 2016, Hilton Kuala Lumpur
- Sesi Perbincangan Internal Expert Consultation Berkaitan Hasil Penyelidikan Minyak Sawit dan Kesihatan, Ministry of Health, Putrajaya, 7 April 2016
- GP Update, 18 October 2015, Desa Park City
- International Palm Oil Congress and Exhibition: A Nutrition Forum on Palm Oil and Health: Healthy Living with Palm Oil, 8 October 2015, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre
- NHAM ASM 2015: NHAM-MSA Symposium, 10 April 2015, Hilton Kuala Lumpur
GLOBAL DYSLIPIDAEMIA HUB
The ACC’s Global Dyslipidemia Hub provides informative resources and research for physicians and other health care providers with the goal of improving outcomes for their patients with dyslipidemia. The ACC provides a variety of educational formats to suit your individual learning preferences and styles. Click here for more information.
For further enquiries with regards to MSA / event endorsement, please contact secretariat at +603 7931 7900 or email to email@example.com