Malaysian Society of Cardiovascular Technologist (MSCVT)
MSCVT COMMITTEE 2019-2021 (L-R) Standing: Norhayati Amrial, Siong Jong Liang, Khairul Affandy Omar, Muhd Ali Alwi, Kamarul Aizan Abd Rahman, Rahimi Abdullah; (L-R) Sitting: Faizah Roslan, Noraminah Aedrus, Mohd Shafullah Mohamad Serdari, Hamdan Ibrahim, Mohd Nasir Ramli, Kartina Azman. (Not in photo: Mohd Farid Mohd Taufiq)
OFFICE BEARERS FOR TERM 2019-2021
Mohd Shafullah Bin Mohamad Serdari
Hamdan Bin Ibrahim
Mohd Nasir Bin Ramli
Faizah Binti Roslan
Kamarul Aizan Abd Rahman
Khairul Affandy Omar
Siong Jong Liang
Muhd Ali Alwi
Mohd Farid Mohd Taufiq
*new committee elected at the MSCVT Biennial General Meeting, 12 April 2019
Over the past years, the Malaysian Society of Cardiovascular Technologist (MSCVT) has been working in collaboration with NHAM in order to provide the continuous education in Cardiology, specifically to paramedics in Malaysia. Each year, through their incredible support, I have gained valuable knowledge and tips from many esteemed doctors and colleagues.
The MSCVT is the only sub-society that represents paramedics in the field of cardiology in Malaysia. It was formed in 2009 and our main objective is to standardize the quality of CVT services through a combination of symposia, lectures and “hands-on” workshops. We are also a platform for the professional development of CVTs by guiding and enriching the members with the latest local and international standards.
Profession of Cardiovascular Technology has reached an advance level internationally; unfortunately in Malaysia this profession is still lacking in many areas especially pertaining to recognition, credentialling as well as standards and guidelines. Realizing these circumstances the Malaysian Society of Cardiovascular Technologists has been formed as a platform and vehicle to live up and streamline the profession.
BACKGROUND CARDIOVASCULAR TECHNOLOGIST
The role of the cardiovascular technologist (CVT) is increasingly complex and demanding. Not only must the cardiovascular technologist be familiar with approved clinical protocols for each type of cardiovascular examination he or she performs.
The technologist also must be able to analyze the patient’s clinical history fully, in order to identify the purpose of the examination, frame the clinical question(s) that the examination is intended to answer, and expand the examination as necessary to answer the clinical question(s). Cardiovascular technologist also plays an integral role in the treatment process, applying independent judgment, problem solving skills, analytical thinking and the ability to obtain and integrate accurate diagnostic information whilst supporting the clinicians in performing the treatment.
THE AIMS OF MSCVT:
- To amalgamate all the different professional backgrounds under one roof.
- To serve as a vehicle of integrated voices to look after the welfare and wellbeing of the Cardiovascular Technology profession and its subspecialties.
- To set up a minimum standard of service quality that has to be followed by all members of the profession through accredited training programs and professional examination.
- To participate in setting up syllabus of the Cardiovascular Technologist training program in order to produce competent Cardiovascular Technologists who are able to perform above the minimum standard of entry-level.
- To promote a higher standard and continuous improvement of the service quality and updating the knowledge of the member of Cardiovascular Technologist in accordance to fast changing cardiovascular field.
Description of Profession: Click here to view Cardiovascular Technology Profession Statement
To sign up as a MSCVT member, you will have to be a NHAM member as well. You may apply for both membership at the same time:
- Click here to register for NHAM membership online (must attach CV to complete application)
- Click here to download and fill in MSCVT membership application
Submit both applications via email to secretariat (email@example.com) - for further enquiries please contact secretariat at +603-7931 7900.
Official Address: Malaysian Society of Cardiovascular Technologist, c/o National Heart Association of Malaysia, D-13A-06, Menara SUEZCAP 1, KL Gateway, No.2 Jalan Kerinchi, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA.
Click here to view previous COMMITTEE 2017-2019.
Click below to download the 1st Edition of MSCVT Newsletter: